Odds are that if you have ever had carpet, then you have experienced spilled candle wax on the carpet and wondered “how to get wax out of carpet?” Wax on the carpet can be a very annoying spill due to the oils and coloring in the wax which can really adhere to the carpet fibers.
Here’s some quick and easy methods that really did the trick for how to get wax out of carpet.
How to get candle wax out of carpet with an iron and paper bag:
- First thing to do is leave the spilled candle wax to cool and harden.
- Once the wax has completely hardened, scrape it off the carpet using a dull butter knife.
- Once you have scraped most of the wax off, place a clean cloth or paper bag over over the wax.
- Press a warm iron on the bag,slowly moving the iron around the spill area. Be sure not to leave the iron in one place too long, like clothes, the carpet fiber will burn.
- Remove the paper bag and presto! The bag has absorbed the wax off the carpet.
If there are any stains left from the coloring in the wax, try dabbing the staind with a rag dampended with rubbing alcohol. If alcohol didn’t work, try a spray carpet cleaning solution, laundry stain remover or dry cleaning solvent. If none of that removed the stain left from the spilled candle wax on the carpet, try pouring a bit of hot water on the stain, then rub a towel back and forth, left and right and each diagonal direction, use caution, wait for the water to cool a bit before using the towel and keep a lot of towel between your hands and the carpet to avoid burning yourself. Be sure to fully obsorb the water after each treatment with the hot water. Repeat procedure until the stain is gone.