Whether for reasons of physical appearance, doctor recommended for health issues or just to promote general good health for prolonged life, weight loss is something many people are concerned. Looking like an underwear model or lingerie model is not what’s important (nor is it even possible for some people’s body type), but maintaining a lower weight in proportion to height and size of body has time proven health benefits for a longer life with prolonged agility.
Crash diets and fad diets
Fad diets and crash diets simply don’t work for long-term results. A fad diet will typically promote fast weight loss by drastically altering food and liquid. Sometimes these diet alterations are dangerous and can do bodily harm such as high protein no carbohydrate diet in the 1970’s which caused people to develop liver disease.
The key to fast weight lost
Save time and get fast weight loss results from home with a healthy diet and some moderate exercise on a regular basis. With a healthy diet and consistent physical exercise activity, a person can safely lose 3 or more pounds per week. That’s 30 pounds or more in just 10 weeks! By burning 500 calories more than what is eaten a day for 1 week, a person can safely expect to lose 2-3 pounds in that week.
Amount and type of food intake
Eating less combined with regular exercise are the two factors that will really get weight loss on the fast track. For example, if daily calorie intake is 1,100 – 1,300 per day and exercise one hour daily it can be expected to lose 3-5 pounds per week. One technique to eat less is to drink at least 24 oz of water with each meal and not eat until completely full. Most people will feel full in about 5-10 minutes after eating. Anything less than 1,100 calories per day is not recommended, can be dangerous and lead to health issues down the road.
What to eat to lose weight
One of the first steps for losing weight is to immediately reduce salt and starches which will reduce water retention. This reduced fluid retention can result in up to 5 pounds lost when starting to lose weight. A diet of reduced added sugar, starches, animal fat from meat and dairy is recommended for rapid weight loss and how to keep weight off. A staple diet of fruit, vegetables, egg whites, lean meat such as skinless chicken breast, fish, 95% lean meat and skimmed, non-fat dairy foods will promote fast weight loss and keep the weight low.
Diet for fast weight loss
- Eat vegetables of help feel full. Raw vegetables is the best way to get the most nutritional value from them. A moderate amount of a low calorie, low fat and low salt dip or dressing can make them more interesting, but be sure and limit the amount of dip or dressing as they can contain high calories, salt or fat and can add up very quickly.
- Drink plenty of water. Water is very important for weight loss, especially drinking water instead of sugary sodas.
- Avoid sugary soda and juice. If something more interesting than water is desired, iced tea can be a great alternative. Iced tea can be made from all types of tea, some that are non-caffeinated and naturally sweet. However, water should be drank with all meals and throughout the day to avoid food and sugar cravings between meals and to maintain hydrated.
- Keep busy and remain active. By keeping busy a person burns more calories if moving around and will not eat out of boredom.
- Eat from a moderate portion of food. Dish up plates of food enough for a meal while seated at a table only. Nibbling or grazing while standing in front of cup board, pantry or fridge can add a large amounts of extra fat and calories, especially if it’s “snack” food, such as cookies, crackers and chips loaded with salt and high fats, including partially hydrogenated oils.
- Avoid trans-fat. Partially hydrogenated oil is called a trans-fat, which stands for transformed fat. Oil is injected with hydrogen, expanding the product, thus making the product less expensive. The body must work much harder rid the body of the excess hydrogen consumed and eliminate the fat, this makes it much harder to burn calories and lose weight.
- Eat three meals a day. It has been proven that eating a healthy breakfast, a mid-day meal and an evening meal promotes a faster metabolism and weight loss.
- Avoid snacking. Instead of snacking, eat an small in-between “meal” of fruits, vegetables, high-fiber grains with lots of water to curb hunger cravings.
Keep a food journal for weight loss
Write down everything eaten throughout the day. This can really help keep a weight loss plan on track. It’s helpful to keep a log, however even if what is eaten on a napkin or a piece of paper and thrown away after a meal is still an important tool to promote consciousness of food intake and personal accountability resulting in faster weight loss. Another important factor to write down in a food journal is what the mood was before eating. If the mood was sadness, anger or boredom this can be a sign of emotional eating. If a pattern of habitual emotional eating is discovered upon analyzing a food journal, changing both eating habits and the way a negative mood is dealt with and consider talking to a counselor, which can be great to just talk things out and discover more productive and healthy ways to handle emotions.
Allow only one cheat day a week
“Life without what we love is merely existence” Allow one cheat day a week to have one “naughty treat” with or as one meal during the day. This could be an item such as french fries, a scoop of ice cream, a doughnut, a slice of pizza, a delectable cheese etc. Sometimes by depriving oneself completely of all things that are unhealthy result in a rebellion against attempting to eat healthy and lose weight.
How to lose weight conclusion
The most important things to focus on when starting to lose weight is dedication, liability to oneself to maintain a healthy diet. A fun exercise activities with a healthy diet will lead to fast weight loss and how to keep the weight off. Ask Phil is dedicated to providing the most current and concise information about how to lose weight fast and the keep weight off. We will continue to expand upon the weight loss content, please let us know if you have any suggestions. Thanks.